(birth name Elizabeta Ilievska) was born on 21.12.1982 in Skopje, Macedonia.
She completed her secondary education at the Music High School SMBSC “Ilija Nikolovski - Luj” in Skopje. In 2001 she enrolled at the Faculty of Music in Skopje at the Department of Music Theory and Pedagogy and graduated in 2005. In 2003 she began Composition studies at the Faculty of Music at the Department of Music Composition in the classes of Prof. Goce Kolarovski and Prof. Zhivoin Glishikj and graduated. In 2009 she was awarded for the most successful student at the Faculty of Music by the “Zografski” Foundation. She finished her Master studies at the Department of Music Composition in 2011 in the class of PhD. Dimitrije Buzharovski.
WORKS:Bete’s opus comprises of over 50 compositions:
- vocal works (solo songs and choir music) and
- instrumental music (for solo instruments- such as accordion, violin, clarinet, piano, fagot, etc., for various chamber ensembles and orchestras).
Bete has won several awards, including:
- 2006, honorary mention by “Pre Art” Switzerland for the composition “Clowns”;
- 2010, first prize for the composition “Tango Macedone” at the “Accordion Art Festival” in Pineto - Italy;
- 2010, award for launching the new work for accordion by the Confederation Internationale des Accordeonistes (CIA) for the composition “Macedonian timeline”;
- 2011, award “ITALY AWARD” at the “Accordion Art Festival” in Pineto - Italy for the composition “Macedonian timeline”;
- 2014, award by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Macedonia for newly written works for the work for four handed piano “ After the rain - sun”;
- 2014, the work “Tenderness” was performed at Coupe Mondiale, Salzburg, Austria as a finalist in the category of newly composed works for solo accordion.
In the 2010, the work “MakedonikuM” (for flutes, oboa, accordion and contrabass) was published by the Music Academy in East Sarajevo as part of the edition “Concert repertoire for accordion part 2”.
Her compositions are performed at concert halls throughout Macedonia (at the festivals “Zlatna Lira”, “6th May - The World Accordion Day”, “Interfest”, “Days of Macedonian music”, “Skopje Summer Festival”, “Music Viva” and others) and worldwide (Switzerland, Luxembourg, USA, Croatia, Great Britain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Italy, Serbia, Czech Republic, Albania, Bulgaria, etc.).
In November, 2013, in Skopje a JUBILEE CONCERT “10 years on the concert stage with the works of composer Elizabeta Ilievska - Bete”. Prominent artists performed her works at the concert, and two videos of previously performed concert works were shown. An audio and a video recording was made of the concert.
Bete Ilin has been fruitfully cooperating with successful musicians both from Macedonia and abroad, which perform her works worldwide.
In 2014 Bete Ilin was the most frequently performed Macedonian composer in cultural centres throughout the Republic of Macedonia.
In July, at the Cultural Information Center of the Republic of Macedonia in Sofia, Bulgaria the accordion trio “AkordioM” (Zorica Karakutovska, Bojan Volchevski and Filip Stamevski) performed “Macedonian paraphrase 1 and 2”;
In August at the Cultural Center in New York, the USA, the violoncello duo Pejikj-Kotevski performed the composition “Toccata”.
In October the duo “Kirovski” (Maya Shutevska Kirovska and Ljubisha Kirovski) at the CIC in Sofia, Bulgaria, performed “Dancing with my shadow” for viola and piano.
Her work for solo accordion and a symphony orchestra “Capriccio” was performed by the Macedonian Philharmonics Orchestra conducted by maestro Sasha Nikolovski-Gjumar and accordion player Bojan Volchevski. This was the first performance of a work of this kind by a Macedonian composer.
In addition to writing compositions, Bete Ilin also works on transcriptions, arrangements and orchestration of various compositions and works for different types of performances.
Bete Ilin is constantly receiving positive reviews for her work by renowned music critics, and the audience enjoys the performance of her works and awards her with standing ovations.
She works as a professor at State Music and Ballet School Center “Ilija Nikolovski - Luj” in Skopje.